N-400, Application for Naturalization (Application for Citizenship)
• You have been a permanent resident of the United States for at least three years
• You have not been left the United States for 30 months or more in the last five years or for more than one year in some cases
• You have lived in the state in which you are applying for citizenship for at least the last three months
• You can read, write, and speak basic English
• You understand the basics of U.S. history and how the U.S. government functions
• You are considered to be “a person of good moral character”
• You have never deserted, or received an exemption or discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
• You are willing to perform either military or civilian service for the U.S. if required by law.
• You promise to support the Constitution of the United States and are willing to take an oath to the United States
• Continued. You may need to provide additional documents, further investigation is required, or you failed the English or civics test.
• Denied. You were found ineligible for naturalization.
Applying for naturalization can be a long and complicated process. If you are ready to begin or have any questions, it’s critical you speak with an experienced immigration attorney. Our immigration lawyers have decades of experience representing and protecting the legal rights of residents of Hempstead, West Hempstead, Uniondale, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Oceanside, and the surrounding areas.
Experienced Valley Stream Naturalization Lawyers
If you are filing Form N-400 to apply for U.S. citizenship or have any questions, Larry McCord and Associates is on your side. Our immigration lawyers have decades of experience representing and protecting the legal rights of residents of Hempstead, West Hempstead, Uniondale, Lynbrook, Rockville Centre, Oceanside, and the surrounding areas.
We understand just how frustrating the immigration process can be and are here to advise and guide you throughout the entire process. Having a lawyer is vital if you want the best chance of success at winning your case. If you try to represent yourself without any assistance, you could run into costly mistakes that could be avoided with competent legal counsel on your side.
— Juan M.
— Emery F.
— Dawn E.
— Misael V.
Contact Larry McCord and Associates
Please fill out our contact form below.
Attorney Advertising: This website is meant for informational purposes only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. For advice regarding your specific situation please request a consultation with one of our attorneys. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
2021 © Larry McCord and Associates, LLC | Powered by WR Designs